Friday, November 21, 2014

In the beginning...

Hi everyone.  I have been wanting to write a regular blog for some time now.  I had a lot of different ideas on what to write about, and have decided to buckle down and just pick something to write about and then go with it.
The most important thing to me is the salvation of souls.  What salvation ultimately boils down to, is whether we are in communion with the source of all happiness, which is God, our Father and Creator.  There has been a lot of debate, fighting, and arguing over who is saved, how we are saved, who saves us, what we should do when we are saved, whether one can lose salvation or not, etc.  My simplest answer to how to find salvation is through prayerand charity.  One must pray, initiate a dialogue, a relationship with the God Who created each and every one of us.  We have to be in connection with the source of our existence.  It doesn't really matter how you start praying, but that you say Hello to God, and listen for His instruction.  Even should every source of support and love in your life abandon you, God never will, and He will shower His love on you as you grow in love for Him and share His love with others.
I personally love praying for others.  It gives me a chance to help others who are suffering, and to grow in love for the people who I pray for.  I pray better when someone asks me to pray for them or someone specifically.  Ask me to pray for anyone, anytime, anywhere. My prayer of choice is the Rosary, but I know the Rosary is difficult for people.  I used to hate the Rosary, and today it is my favorite prayer.
I am not very focused in this first blog post.  But whatever you do, pray!  Talk to God, listento God, and God will begin to lead you places you never would have dreamed of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home